5.07.2007

Urine Well-Heeled

A crocker that bucklin
You prognosticate by auk
In twirly it referring

Of an inorganic the to manhole
His sequitur is report
By no proven

To compound on Rockwell
He on pygmy
That shark on wattage.


------------------------------

The first hint at what my chapbook might have in it.

In other news, I'm in need of a advertisey-cartoony picture of someone looking cheesily happy while they hold a gun to their head. Just a shoulders-up shot. I tried to search for 'em on Google but I'm too afraid I'm going to find an actual picture of someone's brains getting blowed out, and that would probably give me nightmares for months as well as a panic attack. Sooo...if you should happen to find one (or have magic drawing skills to make one) that will work for me, I'll give you some candy. Not like gourmet swiss chocolate or anything, but maybe a Butterfinger or a Nerds Rope.

3 comments:

Maurice Burford said...

there are parts i like about this poem and parts i don't. i like lines like "you prognosticate by auk" & "He on pygmy" (i had to look up 'auk' good word!) but the poem can get a little awkward in lines like "of an inorganic the to manhole". The articles and prepositions just laying around haphazardly kind of distract rather than open up the poem for varied interpretations. But i mean, that stuff is minor tweaking. If this is the direction your chapbook is going, I'm excited.

Trish Castillo said...

try deviantart.com
it's a good place to find stock art.

Danyn said...

Thanks for suggesting deviantart--I felt safer looking there. Found something almost like what I need; now if only it wasn't a catboy. >_<